Monday, February 12, 2018

Week 21

Hi all! I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend. I had a great few days at convention, I spent a lot of my Thursday in sessions looking at mindfulness and self regulation in the classroom. A few things for this coming week I want to ensure everyone is aware of.

Wednesday: Crazy Valentine's outfit day. The kids are to wear their Valentine's best this day. We will be having our special snack day this morning also but they are still to come with a lunch. I sent home a class list last week with all of the names of the students, I will put it below if that somehow did not make it home.
Atticus
Ben
Skylar
Isabella
Colten
Reese
Cadence
Brady
Hunter
Dominic
Mersayde
Ivan
Declan
Kudrat
Daniel
Julianna
Owen
Derrick
Miss. PB and Mrs. Cameron

Friday: Pancake breakfast will be starting at 8:00am. There will be a pancake station
right outside of our class for the kiddos to drop off their stuff, grab some breakfast and relax.
It is also 100 Day AND pajama day(busy I know). I sent home a note today but for Friday
I have asked you to send on Friday a Ziploc bag of 100 items that your kiddo has counted out.
I stressed to them by no means do they need to go out and buy items, we had a discussion of
ideas for things they could find at home.


Language:

We finished up working with the long I sounds. The students practiced everyday putting these words into sentences, slowly but surely we are getting better at creating sentences. We also practiced some reading comprehension as we learned about Groundhog day.

Math: We continue to work with counting to 100, specifically skip counting by 2, 5, and 10. The students worked through some counting activities on the Chromebooks as well as we worked through various math centers.

Science: in our Building Things unit we worked through some explore time building towers using various materials we see everyday. Then we sorted various items based on what kind of material it was made of. We also learned about what a joiner/ fastener does and the various ones in which we use regularly here in grade one.

Social: Dinoville is still under construction. We have completed building houses, we each made a business that our community would need. We are still working on adding all of the other items that will be needed.

Gym: The students were over the moon about the Mission Impossible course myself and Mrs. Giles created in the gym.


No comments:

Post a Comment