Monday, April 2, 2018

Happy Easter!

Hi all! I hope that you all had a wonderful Spring break. Just a few things, unfortunately I will not be here tomorrow as I have been juror summoned. If you read this before Tuesday morning perhaps just warn your kiddos as we do not have the best track record for unexpected subs. A few more reminders for this week, please also note the important dates for the month on the side.
-Library day on Wednesday
-We will not be doing spelling this week as we get back into the swing of things
-Please sign up for swimming lessons
-Twin dress up day is on Friday

I am sending you all a big thank you! First thank you to all of you that were able to attend our student led conferences prior to the break. It was wonderful to see the excitement and pride the kiddos had to show you all their hard work. Another big thank you for all you do! In the hustle and mayhem that is 1PB I am one lucky teacher to have so many amazing parents and children to come to work to every single day!

This week we will be starting our differentiated reading comprehension in Language. I have created daily reading comprehension pages that are differentiated to your child's current reading ability. I have been so happy with how many kiddos have been bringing back their home reading consistently, I have seen a huge improvement in the last few months in a lot of their reading confidence. We will be continuing to work on basic grammar concepts when writing as well as starting to look into various blends.

In math we will be doing a quick review of addition and subtraction concepts before introducing our next unit-measurement

In science we will be taking a look at the seasonal changes that are starting to happen as we enter into spring. I have some fun activities that I cannot wait to share with the kids.

Social we will be starting our family changes, I will be needing your involvement and assistance in this unit as the children will be coming home with various questions/ activities that they will definitely need you help in answering. We will be looking more deeply into family traditions and changes.

See you all on Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment